and my favorite
…I once loved even his mischievous nature. It seems now he is doomed to it.
In honor of the Face Off Season 5 Finale this Tuesday I thought I’d compile a list of some of my favorite makeups from this season. I must say I was very impressed with the work this season, probably my favorite season so far!
- Tate & Miranda - Episode 3: “Gettin’ Goosed” - Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater
- Laura - Episode 9: “Mortal Sins” - Wrath
- Frank - Episode 4: “Subterranean Terror” - Chains & Electrical Panel
- Laney - Episode 6: “Trick or Treat” - Clown
- Alana & Laney - Episode 3: “Gettin’ Goosed” - This Little Piggy
- Roy - Episode 10: “Laughing Dead" - Vaudeville performers
- Miranda - Episode 6: “Trick or Treat” - Skeleton
- Alana, Laney, & Laura - Episode 2: “Future Frankenstein” - Frankenstein’s wife
- Tate - Episode 6: “Trick or Treat” - Skeleton
Jody Xiong of DDB China in conjunction with the China Environmental Protection Foundation created this wonderful outdoor campaign to create a subtle visual reminder of the environmental benefits of walking versus driving. Enormous white canvases with a bare tree were placed across 132 crosswalks in 15 Chinese cities. As pedestrians crossed their shoe soles were imprinted with a small amount of green paint, leaving behind a trail of leaf-like footprints. BBD estimated that nearly 3,920,000 people passed through the installations, and the final posters were eventually hung has billboards in several urban locations. Awesome!
Mulan - Paul Felix & Hans Bacher
“Miniature topographies inside 200-gallon fish tanks, based on traditional landscape paintings. Keever fills the tanks with water once he’s sculpted and placed the miniatures, and colored lights and pigments create dense, atmospheric environments. He views his works as an evolution of the landscape tradition and deliberately acknowledges the conceptual artifice.”